Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Update Tuesday afternoon

Dale has been agitated lately. The doctors weren't sure exactly why at first, but they think his brain is misfiring, or "storming". He is definitely experiencing some pain and discomfort and is kicking, thrashing, and moaning a little. He had a high fever last night. They believe it's just his brain trying to work and sending lots of signals all at once, instead of one thing at a time. He still gets words out, especially in times of frustration. Yesterday he yelled at the nurse, "The door!" when he was in the restroom and she left the door open.

They should be able to transfer him closer to home soon. They expect a lot of progress, but it's going to take time.

Psalm 31:1-3  In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness.
Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong rock, for an house of defence to save me.
For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.

5 comments:

  1. Dale,
    So sorry to hear you had a rough night. Hang in there... we are all praying for you! Keep speaking out loud what you are going to do and what God is going to do though you. Just believe!

    Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he promises is faithful. Heb 10:23

    Susan Densler

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for wisdom for the doctors who are caring for you AND for your brain cells to quiet back down. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God may use him in days to come to help us better understand the function of the brain. He's old enough so he could reflect back on what he's experiencing but cannot articulate now, unless those memories fade as normalcy returns. I hope tonight will be better for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the update. Praying Dale gets thru this rough stuff as he is healing. I think it was Psalm 18 that says the Lord took and drew me out of the deep waters. A very good news is Lage Grigsby, the Joplin boy who suffered a severe head injury in the tornado, when their pickup was thrown 2 football fields and smashed into a lawnmower department, just started back to 9th grade in school!!! They are also Christians. I thought that might cheer you up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bom dia Family de Dale. Sou do Brasil e fiquei emocionada com o poder de Deus! Ele seja louvado e exaltado! O Brasil está em oração pelo Dale e sei que Aquele que fez a promessa é fiel. Deus abençoe Grandiosamente.


    Hello Family of Dale. I'm from Brazil and I was thrilled with the power of God! He be praised and exalted! Brazil is in prayer for Dale and I know that He who promised is faithful.
    God bless you Greatly.

    http://noticias.gospelmais.com.br/jovem-cristao-ressurge-a-vida-apos-20-minutos-inconsciente-sem-pulso-23612.html

    ReplyDelete