Friday, August 12, 2011

Update Friday morning

Dale's MRI turned out well. His neck brace is off, and they'll be running more tests today.
He tried to get out of bed to go to bathroom and had to be convinced by his dad that he wasn't able to walk to the bathroom.
The doctors are very hopeful and full of promise. It's still too early to know for sure, but they are saying it's possible that he could make a full recovery.
Dale's been doing some physical therapy, but won't start intensive physical therapy until he's been transferred closer to home.
His family was singing some songs with him this morning, and he was doing hand motions to the songs.
This morning he said "yes" and "no" to the nurses and said, "Stop it!" to his dad.

I Thessalonians 1:11,12 Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power: That the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and ye in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

5 comments:

  1. My name is Lisa Rae and I have been following this story about Dale for several days. We pray for Dale and his family every night. We pray for strength and happiness. There's a great book that you can get at Costco and it's called Heaven Is For Real. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

    "While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for a full recovery for Dale!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, my name is Jacob Jones. I'm a 23 year old recent college graduate and a follower of Jesus, and I've been following this story. I cannot tell you guys how much this all has blessed me. I've posted stuff on my Facebook to tell people I know. I've been struggling with feeling distant from God and like God was distant from me--, although I know consciously that's not true. This, in so many ways, has been an answer to my prayers for my personal walk with Christ, and an encouragement that the Lord IS working, orchestrating, conducting a grand symphony for His glory. That His name is NOT going unnoticed nor is His strong hand unrecognized by and undemonstrated to the world. I am SO grateful that Dale is doing well. I'm praying Isaiah 52 over your church and your family. Praying for Dale's siblings as well. Everybody involved, from doctors, reporters on the scene, students at your church, rescuers, Nicole and her dad, Dale and his family, friends and relatives of both the boys that were in the water...are some crazy-brave people. What a breathtaking performance by our God. :) It's my prayer that anyone involved who doesn't know Christ will come to know Him as their best friend, their King, and their Savior through this. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. His progress sounds great!!! Hand motion songs make me think of: The wise man built his house upon a rock...the rain came down as the prayers went up.

    ReplyDelete